Dennis R. Washington Achievement Graduate Scholarship
“This scholarship reaches beyond Montana’s borders to the best and brightest students nationwide.” – Mike Halligan, Executive Director, Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation
Endowed in 2008, Dennis R. Washington Achievement Graduate Scholarship will provide financial assistance to State and National Horatio Alger Scholar Alumni who have exhibited leadership, integrity, entrepreneurial skills, and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity, and who aspire to pursue a graduate level education. The program awards scholarships annually to deserving National or State Horatio Alger Scholar Alumni who are working towards a post-graduate degree.
Graduate Scholarship Recipients
Dennis R. Washington Achievement Graduate Scholarship Recipients Receive:
- A scholarship of up to $30,000 annually for up to three (3) years.
- In good standing with the Association as a State or National Horatio Alger Scholar
- Have completed an undergraduate degree program with a minimum grade point average of 3.5
- Accepted into a Master’s or Doctoral program at an accredited university located in the United States
- Provide evidence of leadership skills and civic/community involvement
- Submit academic record, test scores, and academic references
- Write essay(s) on the reasons for pursuing a graduate degree and aspirations upon its completion, and how his/her life to date is contributing to the mission and goals of the Horatio Alger Association
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Provide resume including employment history, academic achievements, two professional and one personal reference
- Preference is given to applicants pursuing business-related degrees
The Dennis R. Washington Achievement Graduate Scholarship application and qualifications are available online at www.horatioalger.org/scholars from January 15 – April 1. Finalists will be notified in April and will be required to complete a personal interview.