Questions about scholarship applications? Contact the Horatio Alger Association
Scholarship recipients will receive up to $2,500 for an Associate or technical degree/certificate.
The Horatio Alger Career and Technical Scholarship Program awards scholarships to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
The Career and Technical Scholarship application opens annually March 15. The application is currently closed for 2019.
The Career and Technical Scholarship is administered by the Horatio Alger Association. Find more information about the scholarship on the Horatio Alger website.